SOLIDWORKS 2024 – Our top 10 What’s New features
Every year, SOLIDWORKS releases a new version of its software, packed with user-driven enhancements and new functionality that improve productivity, performance, and collaboration.
SOLIDWORKS 2024 is no exception. This version contains many exciting features and improvements that will help you work smarter, faster, and more collaboratively with your team and external stakeholders. The first 5 enhancements on our list centre around performance – hurray!
The second 5 relate to Cloud Services. Cloud Services is an exciting set of functionality that connects SOLIDWORKS to the power of the cloud.
- Create Sketch Dimensions Instantly: You can now speed up sketching with a new option to preview and edit dimension as soon as you select one or more entities. You can also use keyboard shortcuts to change the dimension type or alignment.
- Improve Collinear Dimensioning: You can now create chain dimensions more easily with improvements to collinear dimensioning in drawings. You can also use the new Align Dimension tool to align dimensions along a selected edge or axis.
- Access New Components in Toolbox: You can now access new components in Toolbox, such as ISO metric hexalobular socket head cap screws, ISO metric hexalobular socket countersunk head screws, and ISO metric hexalobular socket button head screws.
- Import and Export Files Faster: The performance of importing and exporting STEP, IGES, and IFC assemblies as multibody parts is improved up to 30%.
- Work Faster with eDrawings: eDrawings has improved performance for various tasks, such as opening the Measure pane, creating markups, resetting a model, rendering and printing with software OpenGL, and closing files.
- Cloud Services – the big one! This is arguably the largest upgrade SOLIDWORKS has seen over the last decade. All new licences, be they term or perpetual, will come with them included. For existing subscription customers, you will need to pay a small additional fee annually to receive Cloud Services. The next 4 enhancements all refer to additional functionality contained within Cloud Services.
- Connect to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform: SOLIDWORKS 2024 now includes access to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, a cloud-based solution that connects all aspects of your product development process. You can use the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to collaborate, manage data, access cloud apps, and more.
- Share and Markup: You can now invite anyone to view and mark up your 3D designs on the cloud directly from SOLIDWORKS. This is similar to eDrawings but better as there is no installation necessary, no need to send a physical file, and it works from any browser.
- Store and Revise: You can now store your files on the cloud with built-in data management and collaboration features. Your data is organised, references are managed, custom properties are captured, and you can check-out and check-in your files to avoid conflicts.
- Manage and Control: You can now access a suite of tools to help manage data, work through formal change actions and approvals, and keep project tasks in check. You can also use workflows, revisions, and lifecycles to control your design process.
Cloud Services is effectively both edrawings and PDM on the cloud with some further enhancements and the ability to access from anywhere, on any device, securely and safely.
These are just some of our favourite enhancements in SOLIDWORKS 2024.
Stay tuned for more updates from SOLIDX.
Get in touch
Anything you need, get us anytime on 01223 857300 or fill out the form below and we’ll be straight back to you.